Thread: M Ratios
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2007, 03:48 PM

Default Re: M Ratios

[ QUOTE ]
pantsonfire, I think that in a standard online tourney, you are more likely to adjust your strategy according to the stacks at your table, which will be reasonably indicative of the average anyway. If you're short, you'll play differently from how you would if you're chip leader. This is much more a consideration than what your Q is.

[/ QUOTE ]
I should have mentioned that my M and the M of the table is the first consideration. As far as Q, there are times where there are lots of short stacks so the table Q is low and some times there are chip leaders there too.

I do start to think of Q as the tourney progresses. For example, when there are 100 left and 50 make the money, you can firgure out what the average will be at that point. Or when you are in the money, you can calculate what the average stack will be at the final table. Personally, if I am getting behind those averages, I become a little more desparate and aggressive than I would for whatever M I am at.

Likewise, even if my M is low, I might not be as desparate if I am near the chip lead. If I get to the final table with a low M but an above average stack, I am generally very happy. I think that's what the OP was asking.