View Single Post
Old 07-14-2007, 02:41 PM

Default Re: Sunglasses make me so damn sleepy...

If I'm NOT wearing sunglasses at the table it's more of a fashion-statement for me.
I'm purposefully not wearing them because I don't want to like a dick/WPT-wannabe.
This kept me from wearing them more often than not even when I kind of wanted to put some on.

Now, I don't care as much. I wear them sometimes and other times I don't.

My eyes are really damn sensitive and I blink an insane amount.

The flourescent lights in some rooms and even at some specific tables drive me nuts. Especially after a couple of hours.
This is exaggerated in a poker-room like the Horseshoe-Tunica which is supposedly smoke-free but you are practically walking into a wall of smoke everywhere you go in there so it's impossible for the little poker section in the corner to not have any smoke.

I like to look at players when they probably don't know (at least aren't sure) that I'm looking at them.

And when my eyes are going wacky not only do I probably look more ridiculous without the shades with all my blinking and squinting and redness but I'm also somewhat concerned that my blinking/twitchyness is also giving tells.

The glasses that TT saw at the Expo sound pretty interesting. Might look into something like that.