View Single Post
Old 07-14-2007, 01:22 PM

Default Re: Man Made Global Warming Theory = Human Excrement

[ QUOTE ]
And just to be restate it again, I dont think anyone here is denying there is global warming and that there is a human contribution to it. What is questioned is the extent, consequences, the costs/benefits of reducing the human contribution and who should bear whatever costs there are. There is nothing willful about wanting the whole picture before changes are made that have drastic economic consequences.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good Points. Perhaps another thread should be started addressing the "what should or can we do about human influence on global warming". I would like to point out though that given the nature of climate research and obvious limits to knowledge in general you never really know the "whole picture". And given the probable consequences of inaction, humanity will have to act on incomplete information. This is nothing really new but it does lead to a great difficulty. Very little about the amount of human influence on climate change and what, if anything, can be done about it will be easily decided. And I personally have little faith in the political process to enact anything that will be of practial value.

-Zeno