View Single Post
Old 07-14-2007, 11:17 AM

Default Re: Home Game Introduces Rake- I have Concerns

[ QUOTE ]
im about to drop like 600$ on a table/chips/cards/chairs to host a weekly game (1/2 NL) and was considering taking a 1$ drop from all hands that see a flop to offset expenses.

there is no official dealer, and i would be providing soft drinks and snacks, byob.

is this an acceptable scenario, or would people be correct in bitching about it/avoiding the game?

[/ QUOTE ]

No way would I want to pay for your stuff. Maybe you'd like them to help cover a little of the mortgage and utilty expenses too..... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I'd pay a small fee to play that covers food / drink, even a little extra tip when I win, but thats about it.

My home cash games are small, 9 or less, I provide decent food and all drinks and take only voluntary contributions. However my tournaments are big, 24-30 players. Again I provide all food and drink and I do charge a fee for this. Cost can run from $150-$200 and thats just too much for me to absorb every 6 weeks.

I made 3 poker tables, have 10 2-deck sets of Kems and Copags, 1600 custom designed poker chips, 24 folding chairs (need to borrow some when the tourney fills) tournament progam on laptop with AV projector and I would never think of making everyone pay for all that. And it was a lot more than what your thinking of spending. However, I travel with two of my tables to a game and the padded rail has suffered damage. I have taken money from the participants of this game to help offset some of the cost of replacing the rail. But I did this with their permission.