View Single Post
Old 07-14-2007, 08:47 AM

Default Re: K-Q-J Not A Good Hand, Sir

[ QUOTE ]
Bizarre situation tonight in the 5/10nl at Venetian. I raise a straddle pot to 110 and get one caller. Flop comes QJx, check/check. Turn is an ace, check/check. River is a brick, he checks, I bet 200 and now he springs to life and raises another 300... eh whatever I call w/ AK.

He flips up K-Q-J. He has three cards. FLOOR!

Floor rules that there has been too much action for a misdeal (duhhhhhhhh) and his hand is dead. The guy flips out saying it's not his fault he was dealt three cards, and that he will leave if he does not get his money back. Which is a problem because he is a huge donk.

The dealer had pulled in the 200's from the river but his 300 raise and my call were still in front of us, so the floor says something to the effect of "you can ask the other player to refund your 300" and he looks at me and I oblige since I'm a nice guy. Dude thanks me and ends up staying and it becomes a running joke for the rest of the night as everyone checks to make sure they only have 2 cards when they are in a pot.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] live poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

After reading your post, and replies- I too would have done the same.

I want to keep loose players with cash at the table. Hope you were able to get some money from him in later hands.