View Single Post
Old 07-14-2007, 01:06 AM

Default Re: Why people do not believe in libertarianism

Bob,

For the final time, the point of this thread is not to question the legitimacy of whether I'm "right." I'm not gonna explore it because that's not what I'm talking about here. Like I said, I should have stated that. If I could go back and edit the post I'd put a big giant disclaimer up there that says that.

It's great to question your beliefs, and if you want to go through my posting history you'll realize that I'm far from a rar-rar libertarian or ACer.

This conversation is not worth having. Like I said, if you have any thoughts as to whether a person's natural bias of self-importance can lead to an aversion to laissez faire government, then feel free to share them. Otherwise, ignore the OP if you dislike it like it so much. Don't let it bother you.

EDIT: I admit I used strong language if that makes you feel better, Bob. I wouldn't have phrased stuff so brashly if the point of my post was actually to discuss the merits of libertarianism, as you seem to wish it was. The point was to assume *if* libertarianism is something most people will come to embrace (as many people on this board think is the case) then what obstacles are faced. Given the point of my post, obviously I will have to assume libertarianism's assumptions to get anywhere.