View Single Post
Old 07-14-2007, 12:25 AM

Default Re: Why people do not believe in libertarianism

[ QUOTE ]
This is one of the longest and (ironically) most self-righteous ad hominem arguments I've seen posted here.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? The post takes the assumption that the foundation and extensions of libertarianism are "right" or whatever you want to call it, sure, and I guess I should have stated that my purpose wasn't to discuss the merits of that here, but rather just to assume it is the case to discuss an extension of that with like-minded posters.

I happen to believe a lot of people don't necessarily disagree with classically liberal values or with any extensions of those values, but do not choose to support the ideology anyways, so it's a natural question to wonder what it is that prevents that. I think it's an interesting subject to explore.

If you don't like libertarianism, fine, this discussion is of no interest to you.

EDIT: Oh wow nice edit with the irony thing. How long did it take you to come up with such a clever little zinger like that?

The fact that you interpret this post as an ad hominem attack says a lot. If you have any thoughts as to whether natural self glorification can lead to a dislike of laissez faire policy, feel free to share.