View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 06:54 PM

Default Re: Whole Foods/Wild Oats merger

[ QUOTE ]
Making false or misleading statements with the intention to fraudulently affect the purchase or sale of securities is illegal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right but with no weight behind said statements (e.g. an anonymous Internet poster) - seems groundless. However, if you look at Mackey's "farewell" post:

[ QUOTE ]
Aug. 12, 2006: "This will be my final message on this bulletin board as I have lost my bet with hubris12000. ... Mr. Market hit the panic button and the stock has crashed, down almost 40% from its high of just a few months ago. Whole Foods itself has a very bright future and I will continue to hold my stock for a very long time — until the growth begins to significantly slow. I've enjoyed my 8 years on this Board, but all things must come to an end. ... Surgeon General and Boston Cowboy — you were both right about my true identity all along. Congratulations on your cleverness."

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean - does he out himself? If so you could read through his post history and all of a sudden you have what is possibly very inside information from the CEO of Whole Foods.

Either way - this guy is a total jackass.

-Al