View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 01:13 PM

Default Re: 5/10 NL @ The Wynn, Deep

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what do you put villain on besides possibly case 88?

[/ QUOTE ]
On the flop, I really thought he had a flush draw when he called. Since I'm repping a good K or AA, I figured he'd get a c/r in there if he had 88 (highly unlikely since i have one of them). I thought there was a slight possibility of a worse K that I could fold out on the turn so that's why I bet.

His c/r is really weird though. He will never have KK here and I doubt that he's c/ring AK or similar hands for value on the turn. I don't expect a total float here, but is this a weirdly played flush draw enough to make this call profitable? It seems like it might be.

[/ QUOTE ]

No "capable" villain is ever check-raising turn with a weak K he's going to get pushed off of here, so that's seriously not even a significant part of his range, unless he simply decided to turn it into a bluff. Also, I hate your turn bet, it's really weak - you're betting one-third pot on the turn on a very draw-heavy board, so yeah he could've sensed you are splashing around and decided to make a move, but a fold is still best since he'll have a huge hand here usually, and could even be bluffing with a better hand, but either way you already messed this up so fold and wait for a better spot now.

I would've checked the turn since you do have some show-down value and can even improve.

Kirk