View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 10:34 AM

Default Re: unethical to exploit disconnected player?

Being disconnected is one of the hazards of online poker and if I'm disconnected, I would not expect anyone to softplay me. And there's no way I would let a small stack sitting out somehow get ITM.

I think a better question might be is it unethical to discuss with other players about setting up an auto-raise/fold system to make blinding out the player quicker in case he comes back.

I was in a very interesting situation in a freeroll MTT. You had to qualify for this tourney a long time in advance and it turned out that a lot of players didn't even bother using their tickets. So the first table I was at I began to notice that only two other players were actually playing hands. The other 7 were auto-folding. The site was Paradise so it didn't indicate they were disconnected or sitting out. You had to figure it out yourself.

Anyways, the three of entered an agreement such that we would each take an orbit of blinds in turn. This allowed us to get through hands very quickly. In about one half hour, we managed to distribute about 80% of the sitting out player's chips amongst the three of us before I was moved to another table.

I feel so dirty.