View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 09:01 AM

Default Re: Two consecutive hands in the end of a tourney - opinions please

#1: Fold is correct imho. Why battle with a real big stack who can step on you like a bug? Remember that he made a big mistake by not reraising to isolate the original raiser. This for itself had already made me very nervous here ... and last but not least - the only play you could have made here were a push. Calling is out of range, as youīre pot-committed anyway and risk to be outdrawn by overcards. Imagine, the hand (by some miracle) had not been played out and you had not seen the 7 on the flop. Would you have judged it to be a mistake afterwards? I donīt think so ... so donīt get sick by the result!

#2: Again - donīt get sick by the result. Slowplaying Aces HU is no real mistake - at least when you need chips anyway. Surely there are thousand ways to play your aces differently here, and I certainly had directly shoved the flop - but what had happened? You had 80% winning chance preflop, you had more than 90% on the flop ... so what should be? You did not want to drive out Villain but hoped that he hit something to call you on the turn. So donīt blame your decision afterwards. And again - remember, that Villain made a mistake again (taking the results into account) - as he did not get the odds to call you (he needed 5.6:1 as he had only 7 outs [K and 8 of clubs gave you a FH] but got only 4.9:1). This is a cold comfort regarding that you busted with this bad beat but it shows that your play wasnīt really terrible at all.