View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 05:25 AM

Default Re: buzz o8 articles

[ QUOTE ]
I too would appreciate the articles, thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]Hi Gooch - No problem, but I need to know where to send them or how to get them to you. You can send me a PM letting me know.
[ QUOTE ]
Oh and a quick question on your 2nd nut flush article that was posted. What if you checked the river #4 bets and #5 raises? I guess that would be an easy fold since you put them as tight.

[/ QUOTE ]No. It would not be an easy fold. I'd hate the double bet, but would almost certainly call.

Hard to foresee that scenario. Something would smell fishy. Since I had the 2nd nut flush Seat #4 could not. Without the 2nd nut flush, Seat #4, with Seat #5 yet to act, would almost have to hold the nut flush. But then Seat #5 could not. And without the nut flush, Seat #5 could not raise.

Perhaps you're thinking Seat #4 would try to steal the pot at this point, or bet less than the nut or 2nd nut flush for value. However Seat #4 was not stupid, stealing this pot would be next to impossible, and betting into Seat #5 with less than the nuts or at least 2nd nuts would be downright reckless. The flush draw was there from the flop. Anyone with the nut flush draw would still be in the pot.

And if Seat #4 held the nuts, then Seat #5 would have no raise here.

Not impossible for the river betting scenario you described to take place, but if it did, and if either of them had the nuts, I'd strongly suspect the pair of cheating (by colluding).

At any rate, I bet rather than checked.

Buzz