View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 10:45 PM

Default I need to be humored...

Alright guys, sorry if these situations seem very standard, but a friend and I have found ourself s adamantly defending opposite sides of the argument to the point where i feel one of us (him) has lost all touch with poker reality. But i wanted to post some of the stuff so see if i am insane, or if perhaps the situations are less clear cut than i percieve them to be. Here are some situations...

Situations 1- UTG opens in a 5 handed 20-40 game. He is probably about a breakeven player, might win or lose a bit. He's a little too loose, peels a little too light, and has average, solid aggression for this game. It folds to you on the button with 44, do you 3 bet or fold. The other relevant factor here is the SB is a bit tighter and won't make liberal cold calls, the but the BB is an aggressive lagtard and will call all sorts of QJo 89s type hands.

Some other questions for follow up on this situation...

1.) what are your approximate 3 betting standards here?
2.) In a pretty standard but maybe a bit more aggro than usual mid limit game (say 10-20, 15-30, and 20-40) 6 max approximatley what % of the time would you guys estimate one of the blinds sees the flop before it gets 3 bet before the action on them? Obviously many factors can play in here, but im just looking for a ballpark.
3.) Lastly, when you do 3 bet in this situation, even as a good player, would you tend to think that position and your postflop edge compensate enough to allow you to make money postflop? (I.E. if you ingnore the dead money in the blinds, can this still be a +EV situation for you)

Situation 2.)We are coaching a friend in a 5-10 limit game, a bad laggy player (prolly about 35-40, 13-15 preflop) opens in the cutoff. You have 33 OTB with no reads on the blinds. Fold or three-bet? If you fold, what is your rough 3 betting range here? Hypothetically say he calls, and he check calls an AK9 rainbow board and checks a complete dud turn... Do you bet or check here? Is it close and why?

Like i said guys, i know some of this might seem routine, but i would appreciate if you would humor me with some response to the specific questions i am curious about, and i am also curious some people's ranges and answers because i find it amazing the discrepancy that winning players responses can vary in the situations. Thanks for the time...

Gabe