Thread: AKs
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 07:06 PM

Default Re: AKs

*grunch*

Maybe I'm just getting loopy from playing too much micro stakes, but I tend to give people less credit then I used to. I've seen people do this with weaker kings in this situation. I don't know if I raise the turn, his donking of it would make me nervous. With no read I'd probably just call down the turn and river, losing myself the minimum if I'm beat, and sacrificing potential equity on this hand that I'm hoping to gain later by learning what kind of hand they are playing that aggressively. I think that a pair and a flush draw is the most likely holding for the villain.

*grunch over*

Hey, I was right! Maybe my brain isn't as addled as I thought. So I would have won less on this hand then you, and would make note that this player plays big draws aggressively and continues betting even if he doesn't make the big draw he is shooting for. I see people doing this stuff all the time, I don't think the flop action is THAT crazy, but leading both the turn (then getting raised) AND the river when you aren't likely to be folding anything and your flop action telling him he's beat seems a little spewy in my opinion