View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 04:12 PM

Default Re: Overrated bands/musicians

I confess. I don't like discussions of overrated ________ one bit. There's no quantitative or objective means to determine how a particular _________ is currently rated or should be rated, so most discussions of how a particular _________ is overrated begin with a few people mindlessly bashing on the most popular _________ in an effort to make themselves seem more informed, hip, or fashionable than the supposed masses that are in love with that most popular __________. Next up, we get people who call the people bashing that particular _________ retards, and that that particular _________ is as good as the masses think it is. If it wasn't, why would the masses love it so much, right? Finally, we get the original bashers to come back in the thread and say that they don't necessarily think that the popular ________ that they bashed is truly terrible, just that it's overrated. And still, no one knows exactly what that means.

I'm going to leave this thread open, but I would hope that people have some more interesting commentary than the fill-in-the-blank I just posted.