Default Re: OT: [censored] thread, July, READ RULES IN TOP POST

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is a live 2-20 spread limit hand. Blinds 1/2

I am in UTG +2

UTG limps
I raise to 8 with QQ.
Tricky player MP1 who likes to isolate against me makes it 18.
Folds to tricky/aggressive player on button who makes it 38.
I call.
MP1 raises to 58.
Button calls.
I call.

Pot is $158.

Flop comes Q44.
I lead for $20

MP1 folds

Button calls.

Turn is a Q.

I lead for $20

Button folds.

**I have been making a conscious effort to play as straightforwardly as possible. At the time, I felt that at least one of these guys has AA or KK, so I was looking to be raised on the flop. Should I have check-raised the flop? How about the turn? What's the best way to get value here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sixes,

I think betting the flop in this hand is pretty awful. Sorry [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno...depends on your typical playing style. Since it's basically limit with no increase in bet size on "bigger" streets, the goal is to get bets in on every street, not 1-2 big bets whenever like NL.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that my image kills this hand more than anything. I am constantly being referred to in this game as "solid." I don't think I've ever been caught in a bluff by these either of these guys, so maybe it was too easy for them to pin QQ on me.

With the pre-flop action I have to assume that one of them has an over pair and another has something in the range of TT-JJ. If they are merely playing this aggressively with AK or something like that, I am not going to get much action any way.

I was hoping that the flop bet would lead to a raise, a call and a re-raise on the flop where I could toss a stack in on every street and get called down by at least one guy.

MP1 claims he folded KK

and button showed me his JJ.

I am playing this game 15-20 hours a week, and it is interesting to be see the live game dynamics as you play with regulars. Its a part of poker I never paid attention to playing SNGs online.