View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 02:27 PM

Default Re: Mr. Gatorade’s Lies cost me over 70k at Full Tilt

[ QUOTE ]
RITT, I fail to see what point you're attempting to make. Do you think online poker should remain illegal because it's difficult to prove that a site isn't rigging decks just for the hell of it?

You're going on many tangents here, none of which have to do with the US government adopting similar regulations with regards to online poker as the rest of the civilized world.

[/ QUOTE ]

jack21221: The house doesn't actually need to skew the deck as long as they have the power to hint house players. In a 10-handed game, a fair deck will favor each player an average of 10% of hands dealt. If you're a prop player then it's a simple matter of patience to wait for the server to hint you. If you're a really good prop player then you will intentionally lose some hands to gain statistical cover.

My Point? To challenge the mindset that innocently views the live and online game security issues as equal. They are not equal and never will be. The live game is policeable by 3rd parties; the online game is not policeable by 3rd parties. Sanctionable? yes. Policeable? no. The Kahnawake Gaming Commission is nothing more than a sanctioning entity. They have zero power to police the honesty of an operator where the game mechanics are concerned.

So the issue doesn't have anything to do with what I want or what you want. It has to do with the larger context of real world facts involving any scenario where online poker would operate within a serious gaming jurisdiction.

Such scenarios have already been suggested several times within this thread. I'm challenging the underlying assumption that such a scenario is even possible let alone better than what we have now.

Legalizing online gaming and approving a specific online game are two entirely different matters. Any U.S. state can legalize online gaming right now (fyi - they don't need federal permission to do this). But legalizing online gaming within a state does not automatically mean that every online game will automatically get approved for regulation by the gaming authority. The state of Nevada can legalize online gaming right now but if their gaming authority declares a game to be "unpoliceable" then that game cannot happen period. The NGC will not sanction any game that is unpoliceable where as the KGC will sanction pretty much anything.