View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 01:01 PM

Default Re: How to Dominate $1 and $2 No Limit Hold\'em

[ QUOTE ]
TT -

My post was really one about showing a little respect (by the way, not that you haven't). I've got no problem ripping a book but there are productive ways to do that. I do agree with you that this forum is tough on authors, players, the universe, etc., and I'm ok with that. Maybe I should've just said kudos to Sam (and any other author who posts on here) for having the initiative to put his work out there for the world to consume and critique. Just seems silly to come in here and laugh at a man who's actually trying to help people improve at a game they find challenging and interesting (and yes, I know he's looking to sell books and probably make some money).

I've never met Sam and don't have a dog in this fight either way. Case closed as far as I'm concerned.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was speaking with 4_2_it who is the moderator of the Small Stakes NL forum, he and I agree that this book is not on the radar of the vast majority of respected 1/2 online or B&M pros at 2+2 (or guys who started there and advanced). In an odd way that might be better for Sam, the truth is always painful, if the masses chose to rip apart his book it wouldn't be pretty. Mind you I havent read it, and I wont because I dont have the time - but I am concerned about how the author seems to feel B&M play requires the saving of bets compared to online play in similar equity situations. Of course I might have misunderstood the comments in this thread, but thats how it came across to me by reading this thread.