View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 11:54 AM

Default Re: Protect yourself from \"industry risk\"

[ QUOTE ]
All your concerns are justified. Do not count on even the current situation to remain. (I think it will to a large extent, but be prepared for change. Keep in mind that eight years ago your "job" did not exist afterall.)

Do not leave money you need to pay bills in your poker bankroll. Take it out and put it somewhere a bit more liquid and safe.

If you really make 3x as much playing online poker as hanging sheetrock, consider leaving the country to keep your "job". (People leave their home country to pursue a better economic situation every day. Why do you think online operators are offshore ?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, worst-case scenario indeed. Are you serious about this? Do you think it will come to that potentially? I am "prepared for change" as you say, but IDK if I'm prepared to leave the country. Won't players always be able to send in paper checks (personnal or cashier) and then won't the sites always be able to send me a check (assuming all the e-wallets pull out)? I thought I heard someone say once that AG Gonzalez wasnt confident that the UIGEA could be enforced and that paper checks would likely slip through the cracks... is this true? I mean, give me a little hope here. How soon do you think sh*t might hit the fan, if it indeed does? Will the current situation remain the same for at least 6 months? 3 months? Does ANYONE have ANY idea what the future of online poker holds? I mean, how bad is it really gonna get. I scare myself sometimes when I read these threads and cause myself extra stress and worry.