View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 12:07 AM

Default Bellagio Cup ME: Hope he bluffs? Hope he hero calls? Cry?

Villain in this hand is basically a crazy swede. Slightly different than most crazy swedes I've played with but still a crazy swede. He probably plays about 70/30 pf, calls a ton of raises, never reraises pf (has showed down some big hands he cold called). He's made 2 biggish hero calls and been right and has also made at least two psychotic bluffs. The best one is pretty sick:

Devilfish opens to 275 utg, swede calls in mp, sam grizzle calls behind him. Flop A43 with 2 spades. Devilfish bets 600, both call. Turn Ko. Devilfish bets 1500, swede makes it 4k and sam grizzle grabs tons of chips but then calls. Devilfish swears and calls. River's a complete blank, swede bets 9k, grizzle tanks for hours and folds. swede shows K5ss.

He also bluffed off like 20k in a hand I unfortunately missed most of but he overbet the river with a missed flush draw and got called by two pair. His hero calls included calling a pot bet by grizzle with A high and another pretty thin call. He rarely folds to cbets, mixing up raising and calling.

I haven't done much in the first 2.5 levels. I've opened a lot of pots and had a lot of them taken away by having cbets called/raised. I usually give up (he's won 3 pots off me in this time calling/raising my cbets). This level I've two barreled twice successfully but have shown no hands.

Anyways, I raise 66 utg at 100/200/25 to 600 (effective stacks 23k). Swede calls utg+2, devilfish calls the bb. Flop comes Qh9x6h. I bet 1500, only the swede calls. Turn's an offsuit 8. I check, he bets 3k, I make it 10k with 11k behind. He thinks a couple seconds and calls. River is the Ah. I...?

Steve