View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 11:56 PM

Default Re: CBS columnist bashes gambling, WSOP

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He has a point.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he doesn't. Adults can do with their money what they like. If they're not able to play responsibly, it's no one's fault but their own. I was a pretty bad drug addict from like 18-21 and had to go to rehab and then started attending 12-step meeting to clean my life up. You know who's fault it was that I got hooked on drugs so bad? Not my family, or my friends, or the government for letting drugs into the country, or all the beer adds, etc. It was my fault. When I took responsibility for my life, then I was able to clean my act up and stop acting like a worthless [censored]. Drugs aren't inherently bad, I just can't use them. It's not them, it's me. We should be free in this country, and that includes the freedom to be a degenerate if you so choose. There are resources available for people with addiction problem, including gambling, so I don't wanna hear any [censored] about them not being able to help it. There's help available, they choose not to use it. I don't know why anyone should feel guilty about that. Is it sad? Sure. However, it's a big bad world out there, and people have to grow up and take responsibility for their actions.

/rant off

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]