View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 11:10 PM

Default Re: Blind fight vs maniac....

[ QUOTE ]
15$-30$ 6-handed on Pacific poker.

Fold to the SB who just raised about 2 out of 3 hands and bet usualy every street until someone play back at him but he's on the table since only two orbits so very weak read.

he raises and i just call with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the BB

Flop A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

he bets.

How do you play the rest of the hand? Raise to protect it or let him bet all the street and just call?

I know i could have 3bet preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Barring anything grim I don't see why you wouldn't call the flop and turn and raise the river. Raising the turn if something like a J or Q hits might be better, I dunno. Depends what kind of maniac he is. If he just doesn't slow down until there's resistance, I call to the river. If he's a super-maniac who will also 3bet any time he thinks there's a slight chance you're making a move, then raise the flop, call a 3-bet, and then raise the turn or river.

Long-term there might be an advantage to raising the flop on the off chance he calls you down with 33 or somesuch and then you show off top pair, but for the hand I like letting him hang himself. The only problem is the board is pretty dry . . .