View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 08:52 PM

Default Re: Who Needs Laid? (longest hookup drought)

guids,

You seem like a very social person overall (not just in terms of sex/hooking up/etc.); not everybody is. I'm perfectly happy spending time by myself doing things that interest me. I am completely comfortable going to dinner alone, going to movies alone, etc. and don't really feel any sort of *need* to socialize with other people.

This does not mean that I am uncomfortable or awkward in social situations. In the interests of full disclosure, I used to be and it bugged the hell out of me. Eventually, I got over it and I'm fine with how I get along with people now. For me, though, hanging out with people is not any more fun than doing things by myself. You seem to assume that all this social stuff is a blast for everybody once they figure out how to do it; well, for me it isn't. I do it once in a while but I have no desire to spend every night of the week at a club or party or whatever.

I will agree that there are a lot of people that are unhappy with their social awkwardness and really should bite the bullet and work on getting over that (because it clearly won't fix itself and they clearly feel they are missing out) but I don't agree that everybody needs to be that guy all the time (or even more often than rarely).