View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 08:41 PM

Default Re: Who Needs Laid? (longest hookup drought)

To all the guys that are saying that talking to/hitting on girls is "uncomfortable"...that is the point I think alot of the other guys are making. Of course it is uncomfortable, change is a uncomfortable process. The first time I made a continuation bet with air I was terrified, but if I hadn't conditioned myself to it I would never have advanced my game. It is about personal growth. If you get to a point where you're comfortable with talking to and/or hitting on girls and then decide you want to sit back and wait for the right one...more power to you. If you don't, you need to acknowledge that it is a part of your life and personal growth cycle that is wanting. You will NEVER again be in a point in your life where the preponderance of women your age are unattached and looking without serious baggage to deal with(children from previous marriages, more serious than normal emotional issues). You are young, some degree of social/sexual interaction with women is normal and healthy. IMHO you should push yourself through the discomfort and embrace the things the are alien to you. If for no other reason than you won't have to look back in regret at an oppourtunity wasted but with the confidence of something in your life that you conquered and chose to abandon. Also IMHO, I think there is alot you will enjoy. Women can suck at times, but it doesn't change the fact that they are delightful and they need men just like men need them. She is gonna be spending time with someone, why shouldn't it be you?