View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 08:00 PM

Default Re: Project - Compiled stats for Short Handed Games

[ QUOTE ]
Leader,

we should probably draw this discussion to a close, but there is one thing in your post that really needs to be discussed

[ QUOTE ]
that the optimal VPiP is between 25-33

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Our purpose is to achieve the tightest range possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

NO IT ISNT

Our purpose is to look at how people are currently playing. No one is looking to keep the ranges super tight, or find optimal values of ANYTHING.

If the data shows that people are winning with a stat that varies from 30% to 50%, then it shows that people can vary that up quite a bit, and still come out ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could be that or it could be that the stat hasn't converged and, in fact, every one you surveyed has a true percent of 39-41 with a SD of 5. Anyway enough of that.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, "I'm working to develop a method to use past observation to find correct game theoretical strategies in poker games"

Ive done quite a bit of work on this stuff myself. PM me if you wanna compare/discuss methods of abstraction/equil. finding, etc

[/ QUOTE ]

I will certainly take you up on this though I first need to complete my background research on game theory.

[ QUOTE ]
EDIT:

also to note, wrt to:

[ QUOTE ]
It's almost certain that the optimal VPiP is between 25-35 for 4-6 handed based on various factors. PFR between 17-23. AF between 1.8-2.5. FtRB between 30-40. Other stats are less certain

[/ QUOTE ]

you are aware, that you arent in the target audience, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do. However there are quite a few posters around that have this knowledge. If people are interested in acquiring it they can just search for stat threads myself other vets have replied to.