View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 01:59 PM

Default Re: What\'s wrong with my cat?

[ QUOTE ]
Belok,

I honestly can't understand how a cat owner could possibly be spouting the "cats have no personality" drivel. It is my hypothesis that you had tons of cats at a time, treated them like crap, and left them outside to be coyote-fodder. Thus, the cats didn't want to give you the time of day. Because you suck, you know?

Just a theory.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice theory.

I had 2 indoor cats who are about 10 years old now...we gave them away a year ago because they were just a pain in the ass and not worth the effort. We treated them well, they were spoiled little turds who did nothing but shed all over our house.

Our outdoor cats, however, were the best behaved and at least served a purpose. They were nice to us when we went outside to pet them. They'd catch a bird or snake every now and then, keep rodents away from the house, etc. They were useful and they were friendly. Unfortunately, they were also the most likely to be eaten by Coyotes. When you live away from town and have cats that roam, you really cant avoid this happening.

We never treated our animals badly.

My dog (still a puppy, really), however, at 6 months old knows about 10 obedience commands, actually shows -emotion-, will fetch, walk, swim and float on a raft with us, etc. Not only that, but it is very attached to my GF and I, who raised her.

Ever try to teach a cat to sit? It will stare at you blankly until it realizes you dont have food/wont pet it and then it leaves. At best, your cat likes you to be around, and is dependent on your food.

An outside cat is alright as an accessory. An indoor cat is a waste of time.

A dog is a good pet [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]