View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 01:53 PM

Default Re: What\'s wrong with my cat?

Thanks for all the advice!

It seems unlikely that she's in heat. She's not doing the butt-arching, and her behavior isn't the same as the last time she was in heat, before she was fixed.

The general consensus seems to be to play more often with her, as actively as possible. Does anyone have any thoughts on this:
[ QUOTE ]
But if you want a few moments of peace, you can teach your cat to be quiet on request. Gently ask kitty to "Shush." If the cat ignores you, immediately shout, "BE QUIET!" or squirt her in the face with water once or twice. After a few repetitions, kitty will get the idea and obey the gentle request of "Shush," rather than get screamed at or doused with water.

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally, if I do get a second cat, what can I do to make sure they get along? My cat (Medea, btw) and my gf's cat got off on the wrong foot because she's really play-aggressive and decided to jump on the other cat a very short time after they were introduced. Should I just find as playful a second cat as possible and keep them separated for a while so they can get used to each other's scents?