View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 09:22 AM

Default Re: 50NL - KK, WA/WB?

I like to raise more preflop OOP like this - my "rule" is one BB per limper + one for being oop. So I'd probably make it 3.5.

No big deal in this hand though, as you get position anyway. When SB cr the flop like that he either a) has a ten, b) has a Q, c) is semi-bluffing with the flush/str8 draw, or d) thinks you missed and is on a pure bluff.

You are pretty deep, so a tightish villain could probably talk himself into calling preflop with some hands that has a ten (T9s, JTs, T8s, maybe ATs). Hands that contain a queen seems less likely from this kind of player as he would probably raise AQ/KQ, and fold the rest to your raise (at least I think he should). A semibluff with a flush draw seems likely to me. A pure bluff seems unlikely, maybe on the flop, but I'd rule a bluff out after the turn.

When we look at the turn and river play, I find it very hard to believe a tightish villain would play any queen so strong (except QT duh). A ten seems very likely. A flushdraw is possible - I sometimes find myself caught up in these 3 barrel bluffs ("surely he cant call with one pair!").

But that is the problem when you get to the river: only hand that plays like this that you beat is a bluff. I fold river without a better read than "seems tight".