View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 05:42 AM

Default Re: Getting new pc without OS, but SATA hard drive

as you guys said, i didnt have any problems installing xp pro.

my new pc is running pretty well right now. but i have one little issue:

when i installed windows i created 2 partitions: 10GB for windows, 240GB for the rest (programs, music, etc)
i formated the 10gig partition right away and installed windows on it. i formated the other partition afterwards when windows was already running. i just right clicked and selected "quick format".
the issue: both partitions AND the dvd drive are shown as removable drives in the sys tray in the lower right corner. i once clicked the "safely remove dvd drive" button to check out what happens and it literally disappeared from the system. everything was back to normal after rebooting. this doesnt really do any harm but it simply sucks.
i want the "safely remove hardware" button to disappear as theres just no use for it. why would i ever want to remove my drives?

everything else works fine. i barely hear the fans (only have one, cpu has a giant passive cooling thing on it). i feel like im in heaven compared to the old one which was buzzing like crazy.

ps: im not sure if the "safely remove" button was shown before i quick formated the second partition but i guess so.

pls help 2p2

ty