View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 04:25 AM

Default Re: ***Official July Fantasy Baseball Thread***

peru,

the OF is divided by position (RF/CF/LF) so i can't play cameron over drew. hurts his value bigtime, obv, since i have grady.

i can sit a SP whenever i want. i usually play maddux at home or against bad teams on the road. i had been cautious with vasquez for a while but he seems so good right now that i can't sit him. not sure what i'm going to do with marshall; probably play it very safe with him until i see him get back on track.

despite how valuable setup men are, it's hard to get value for them from these yokels, so i'm not sure what i'll do there. okajima is probably the most valuable as a trade prospect, but if i end up in a saves crunch i like that he gets a few chances with the sox being cautious with paps.

before you get too down on gonzalez, keep in mind he's not far off his career norms (BA is a little high, but otherwise about normal)... and he's been outproducing manny so far. i don't expect that to last, but he'll probably remain a top 10 LF in my league, and with how stacked i am at other spots, if i can get big value for manny that might be enough.

drew was my best OF in june - better than mags or manny. if he hits at his career norms in that lineup he should be fine, and there isn't much out there on the wire anyway. i think xavier nady and jose bautista are the best RF available right now.