View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 01:38 AM

Default Re: Following Instinct w/ Folds. Getting Advanced or Overzealous?

hand 1
SB stack size really makes things hard here ... he pretty much can be capping off whatever ... I can't see anything wrong with calling down (infact I would assume your call looks somewhat suspicious to BTN, as a raise on this board will knock off a lot of hands and a call just looks like it wants him to come along) ...

hand 2
IMO this could go a few ways (b/c, b/f. c/c.)
against a thinking opponent you can easily get pushed off the best hand (against this type I much prefer check-calling the turn and donk/calling a lot of river)
against most straightforward players B/F is best ...

it's too soon to tell what this guy is, so either b/f or go passive

hand 3
this guy has been rather aggressive over the few hands ... he could be the type of easily overplay TPTK (and not really care about the info you've given)
against I think this is b/f or c/c (it's either AA, KK, AK ... but to make it a call down you really have to give some weight to AK)

hand 4
UTG seem pretty aggressive post flop, I might call PF with QQ, JJ, AK ... hoping he caps (giving me a little more info, and also giving me the chance to let him c-bet the flop and I can raise trapping UTG2)

as for the turn c.r ... after UTG2 cold calls I guess we can assume AK or JJ - which reduces the number of AA, KK hands UTG could have (also, he looks aggro enough to be betting most over pairs 88+)

hand 5
depending on how I'm running I fold to the turn check raise vs a non meathead
if I'm having a bad 'read' day ... then I call down