Thread: a quick thought
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 09:19 PM

Default Re: a quick thought

LOL. Sorry to interrupt this hijack about the morality of recognizing property rights. But does anyone other than Constantine have any thoughts on the OP?

Or said again, when people understand what AC actually is shouldn't it appeal to the heterosexual drug free businessman with 3 kids as well as it appeals to the gay pot smoking poker playing teenager as well as it appeals to your average hippie?

And then, shouldn't AC's arguments focus more on the logistics of why all these different people would be satisfied with AC?

[ QUOTE ]
Note, however, that if morality is subjective and personal, you don't have any right to impose your morality upon others.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pvn, doesn't this essentially translate to "You don't have the right to coexist." How do people interact if not by doing what they think is necessary when someone does something they don't like?

If I saw someone pointing a gun at an old lady, I might decide to force my morality upon people even if they don't think killing humans is wrong.

I agree with you in that I'd prefer people minded their own business more. I don't get bent out of shape when you forget to wear deodorant; don't lambast me if you see me smoking pot. Morality is such a strange word to throw around though. If you just consider subjective morality to be "whether or not things are pleasing or displeasing," (which is essentially all I see it as) how can you say we don't have a "right" to act in a certain way when we don't like something?

Maybe my subjective morality says that I do indeed have a right to compromise someone else's morality when it matters enough to me.