View Single Post
Old 03-03-2006, 10:13 PM

Default Re: Countering the Chronic 3-bettor

Lestat, it always costs him 3 bets because he puts two in before the flop and one on the flop. (It only costs two when I fold before the flop -- but that's irregardless of whether I would 3-bet him or not before the flop with a strong hand.)

Blind stealing will always be (or should always be) profitable for someone in late position. Any hand that won't show a profit can be folded by the late position player at no cost. Defending the big blind will always come at a loss; we'll never be able to fully recoup the small bet we are forced to put in.

I don't really see where 3-betting before the flop cuts out a way for the LP raiser to profit that isn't mitigated by simply check-raising every flop with that hand. The LP raiser faces the same situation at the end...facing a small bet with 7 SB in the pot having postition with the flop cards exposed.

BTW, I don't always play my blind defense as I am suggesting here, but I am only pointing out that it has theoretical value and is one way to approach blind defense.