Thread: a quick thought
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 05:52 PM

Default Re: a quick thought

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nick do you recognize that if no one can enforce a property claim over a piece of land, no one would be willing to make a permanent improvement to the land, such as any kind of agriculture or standing structure? After all, if you leave it for a minute anyone else can come along and claim it ("I have the right to be where I am now") right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I recognize this.

And in the interest of the things you mention, we (currently the state) coercively force a particular conception of property rights onto people, whether they agree with this belief or not. And this is a very good thing.

ACists, however, claim that they would not force any set of beliefs onto unwilling people. I'm just trying to point out that AC society would require the same coercive acceptance of property rights that statism does.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would also require the same coercive acceptance of not raping 2 year olds in the town square and chopping it's head off and playing soccer with it afterwards.

There can be no real world existance I can envision in which everyone gets their needs met at all times and no one has to forgo a satiation of their desires.

If you can enlighten me as to how such as world could exist and there would never be a conflict please do so.