View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 05:38 PM

Default Re: a quick thought

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How many places do you know of right now that do not believe in property rights?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thik in most societies only a small minority support the interpretation of unlimited property rights that is a fundament for many AC'ist's belief system. That doesn't determine whether it is right or wrong obviously, but you can't claim any consensus as you belong to a minority.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not trying to claim a consensus. If u want to start convincing the world that everyone should disolve the notion of any property belonging to any individual and convince everyone that everything should be freely shared be my guest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never done, newer will. To repeat, not being an AC'ist doesn't make you a communist, AC'ism is at one extreme of the spectre and communism is at the other, most people end up somewhere in between. To assign me an extreme position I don't hold is dishonest debating.

[/ QUOTE ]

I"m not assinging you anything. I believe people should be able to believe whatever they want to believe. <font color="orange"> </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Definately, anybody ever argued otherwise? Just pointing out that your belief isn't evident or even common and thus you have no objective claim to be right. I respect your opinion, but not your (maybe not you) way of constantly pretending there is some universal moral and logical solid fundament for your belief, as there isn't. If you admit that your opinion has just as shaky fundament as mine we have come much further.