Thread: a quick thought
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 04:15 PM

Default Re: a quick thought

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Ding ding ding. Without ownership, you devolve to might makes right. Have fun with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can still be morally opposed to the use of force without accepting property rights. That is, you could say that I only have self-ownership; that is, I have only the right to be where I am right now.

Societies have existed for centuries that acknowledge the right to be free from violence but don't acknowledge the permanent ownership of land.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you weren't always there. So you didn't have any entitlement before, and you gave up the entitlement to where ever you were before that. So you go to work, I can move into your house?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well sure, if I don't believe in property rights, then I can't keep you from occupying my house if I leave it. A person with such beliefs probably would not own a house. But I don't see how any of this speaks to whether this person is coerced into submitting to property rights in AC society.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not compelled to be a member of any society. This is like saying that you don't recognize the authority of Wal-Mart while you're in "their" store. But nobody has compelled you to enter the store in the first place.

Since you think being removed from the store would be assault, we'll just build a big brick wall around you. Will moving your rotting corpse in three weeks be considered "assault"?