View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 01:50 PM

Default Re: \"Bit sleazy in the Big Easy\"

Regarding sex, I consider the type of behavior in question "immoral" in that it inevitably increases one's desire, one's misery. I am on a pretty traditional Buddhist path. I am aware that his behavior isn't considered "wrong" for a lot of people, and my sense is that liberals in general are probably more apt to see things this way than conservatives, but not this liberal.

I agree the voters can vote him out, but he lied before he got elected so he was elected under somewhat false pretenses, but I doubt he's the first politician who has accomplished this!

The gay issue has been used repeatedly by Rove and other conservatives as a wedge issue for political gain. I have been a hypocrit, you have, we all have of course, its perhaps a matter of degree. Since I forgave Clinton, I will forgive this guy, but Clinton never made other people's moral behavior an issue as this guy no doubt did as its SOP for conservatives, and that's a fact in my book. From gambling to peoples bedrooms, they stick their nose where it doesn't belong, they can at least practice what they preach.