View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 12:03 PM

Default Re: Iraqi Village Disappears....Where did the People Go?

[ QUOTE ]
dropping the bomb?
cia interventions?
illegal wars?
sponsoring and supporting various radical insurgencies and regimes overtime?
threatening genocide against Iran?

[/ QUOTE ]

A-Bomb:
Based on Japanese executions of American prisoners they should consider themselves lucky we did not drop 100 A-bombs. Payback is a bitch..... I do think the bombing of Dresden was a warcrime. The difference is the Germans for the most part honored the rules-of-war with the AMERICAN army(obviousy not with the Russians). But since Japan initiated systematic war crimes against the USA, then the USA was justified to retaliate with compound interest.... According to Adm Eliot Morrison's book on the battles in the Pacific, many US sailors stopped taking Japanese prisoners because their surrenders were largely a ruse to murder US servicemen. After a Japanese transport was sunk, US sailors would typically machine gun the surviving enemy troops in the water. As Tom Brokaw said, 'This was America's GREATEST generation'. They were just with honorable enemies and merciless with dishonorable enemies. Arabs/Pakistani/Persians are dishonorable enemies.....so I think the USA is justified in using more extreme methods against them.

CIA:
Ahhh...the good old days. Today's CIA is pathetic.

Illegal Wars:
Not sure what you are talking about. If congress authorizes the funds for a war, then it is legal. Only congress has the power to authorize war. The American people elect their congressman.

Sponsoring dictatorships/insurgences:
Nothing wrong with this. Sometimes you must choose between the lesser of two evils. If we can topple an evil regime and replace it with a less evil regime, then the world becomes a better place. Fighting communism was our main goal the last 50 years. Since communism has resulted in the deaths of 100+million people....then I think this money was well spent. Otherwise there would have been double the deaths....

Threatening genocide against Iran:
I have not heard of this officially. I have heard Iran threaten Israel with genocide. I have heard a Chi-Com general threaten the genocide of the Western USA should the USA honor their military alliance with Taiwan. I would like to see Iran bombed for their support of the insurgents in Iraq... If Iran uses a nuke against the USA/Israel then they will deserve destruction.....