View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 11:25 AM

Default Re: Speculation on X360 price cut

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't see this happening. It makes about zero sense with the elites still selling out. And with the new [cheaper to manufacture] processor right around the corner, it makes no sense for them to try to boost sales forcing more production/losses. Not to mention that within a few months there's a few mega games coming, the least of which not being GTA / Halo 3. Those are going to be huge console selling games and lowering prices right now just means they take larger losses - for what's probably going to be a minimal number of users buying a 360 that wouldn't have otherwise.

Just my couple of cents.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they do it, it has nothing to do with revenue and everything to do with trying to keep Sony from building any momentum.

Microsoft can afford to throw money away with the goal of being the dominant player in high end video games in the next generation. This is obvious from their methods of getting exclusives and trying to get exclusives on other consoles broken.

Should be interesting. Sony seems to mostly have their heads up their asses now.