Thread: $22 PS AQ early
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 03:41 AM

Default Re: $22 PS AQ early

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you are ahead AK only has 3 outs to catch up and JJ, TT have 2. I'm also willing to get my entire stack in the pot unless a K pops up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about that, but the problem is only the villian knows which card he needs. The K is a definite scare, and unless he has one theres 4 in the deck. The J is somewhat scary, he could even have QJs, QTs, though unlikely. Now youre setting yourself up to get stacked when he hits, and hes probably done with the pot unless he does in fact hit (or already has some enough where he'll give you action now anyway.)

Calling may seem ok on the surface, but i think its time to take the pot down now, or at least inflate it enough that he isnt getting odds (and calls give him 100% odds) to stack you.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you do against an unknown who 3 bets all in? At least at the 6.50s you'll see all kinds of [censored] hands do that and those same hands will often 2 barrel. Come on, play some pokah, a K is the only card I don't want to see. If villain doesn't have a hand that beats us we give him a chance to bluff on the turn, if he has tp with a worse kicker, all the money is going in anyways. If we're ahead, at best villain is about 7% to improve to a better hand.