View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 01:44 AM

Default Re: Favourite current stock ideas.

[ QUOTE ]
PS: I bought HERO in mid-march based on a 2+2 recomendation and it's up 30%. Thx to whomever posted.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a big fan of HERO - offshore drilling is a spectacular industry right now, massive growth - HERO is my second favorite behind ATW - analysts are projecting huge growth for both, but they still have low P/E's, PEG's in the 0.15-0.20 range, that's about as low as you'll find. I haven't found a stock in offshore drilling yet that I thought was overvalued.

As for others I like TIE - demand from Boeing, titanium prices rising with increasing demand, TIE has less current fixed-price contracts than its competitors, meaning titanium prices will likely be higher when new long-term contracts are signed, good valuation, tons of insider buying/ownership, no debt. Smaller than ATI, more room for growth, a lot less hype.

Also like two more well-known stocks having a bumpy short-term that should be fine in the long-term - SBUX (increased milk prices pressuring margins) and WFMI (FTC mess w/ the Wild Oats merger - FWIW I expect the merger to go through and for the stock to bounce when it does, although I think it will be fine even if for whatever reason the merger is rejected - good financials, brand and management, same as SBUX).