View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 10:17 PM

Default Re: To the Multi-Accounters : some thoughts before this upcoming Sunda

on the whole redsoxsox thing:

I was 3-handed with redsoxsox and opobi43 in a 100r. I ended up winning the tournament. The same thing happened a couple weeks later, and I once again won.

I had no suspicion at the time, but a few weeks later I heard that redsoxsox used the account "opobi43" on FTP, meaning they were friends with some sort of financial arrangement. This developement, along with the insane spewing these 2 would do with each other in 100r rebuy periods, sparked my suspicion.

I emailed Stars. They said they saw no indication of collusion and I was still not convinced but let it go after a few more failed emails.

Several months later I heard from a well connected online player who was staking opobi that he had been banned. That he was the equivalent of a notorious party player, every account connected to his had been investigated some banned, etc.

I emailed Stars asking about the situation again. They said redsoxsox and opobi had been banned for collusion, but didn't give any more details. Did I deserve compensation? I don't know. Did they collude in tournaments, against me? Just in the rebuy period? PokerStars wouldn't tell me, and maybe I don't understand the situation. But its the one time I've been unsatisfied with Stars' responses and investigation of a potential cheating situation.

-Jeff