View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 08:52 PM

Default Re: Newhizzle v Neverwin - dramabomb blog post

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Gamblers get in prison type of trouble when they use violence to collect or deal with percentage collectors. Collecting is what can ruin an otherwise great life as a poker pro.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Johnny. It was seriously time someone said this. Everytime one of these deadbeat dramas come up, a bucnh of Tony Soprano wannabes pop-up with advice about how to apply physical pressure to get paid. Call me a wimp, but it would take an awful lot of cash to make me risk jail, however richly deserved an ass-kicking would be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me preface this by saying that I do not condone violence or any type of illegal activity but it is uncommon for someone to get in prison type trouble this way, not that newhizzle is the type of person who would even consider this option.

People get in trouble this way if their target has bigger balls/is more dangerous than they are, if they are willing to get revenge. Otherwise prison trouble is only really going to come about if the goons testify in court against their employer after get caught on tape via undercover wire worn by the target. Otherwise the 'trouble' is simply hearsay.

The poker world is somewhat unique as people are backing themselves and individuals are backing other individuals. With bookies you are not really going to get roughed up but you will have to pay, your not gonna get let off a 50K debt. They will work something out with you, but you will pay.

In the drug world people get put down for this kind of money, and frequently a lot less.

Running a con on a poker player you can get away with it, it's like running a con on an old lady. Hustlers are counting on the fact that 99 times out of 100 they are not dealing with someone accustomed to using violence to solve problems.

Overall it is an effective collection method. When a couple 260 lb. guys in full length leathers walk into your kitchen one afternoon without knocking and have a serious onversation about you taking care of your financial obligations it gets most people's attention.