Thread: routine?
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 07:43 PM

Default Re: routine?

[ QUOTE ]
If you're playing in a game with good enough observant players if the thought of folding to a 4-bet ever crosses your mind, the play is to call the turn raise. Sure even if he has a set this time, if the whole table sees you 3-bet and fold to a 4-bet, that's the type of thing that your expert players will start exploiting -- therefore forcing you to only 3-bet with the nuts in the future, or else forcing you to make very light call downs to make sure people aren't starting to take shots at you. There are a lot of players who the ol' "4-betting for a free showdown" works very well against, because it might get them to fold a better hand, and they rarely 5-bet or lead into you again on the river.

I'd rather have an unbluffable image so that way people will sometimes raise me light on the turn (expecting me to call down lightly), therefore meaning I can 3-bet them lightly and get even more value.

[/ QUOTE ]

well thats better reasoning but in the situation given were not worried about table image and/or were good enough to exploit our bizarre 3 bet and fold line (especially in games w/ 5 bets). just on its merits is 99-aa good often enough here to call?