View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 06:19 PM

Default Re: WPEX Regulars thread (lc)

goingdownslow is definitely good

i used to not mind him at my tables becuz partly I think I play well against the type of players I know I can think like they think and who play rationally but mostly it was just becuz i was running better against him than he was me and I had position on him when it mattered more often seemingly. Since, hes gotten the cards a few sessions or had position on a few tables and I didnt want him around anymore [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

the funny thing about solid, some what straight forward players is that many players think they arent that great becuz they dont seem to be "dominating" play or theyre easy to push aroudn when they dont hit or run cold but in the long run this type of player is not a profitable one to be opposing urself against even if u feel u can play well against their style or push them around a bit more than lagfish (who are more frustrating to play perhaps but definitely better to have at the table).

karbes is not a very good player, but not the worst ive seen. I played him HU once for a bit just trying to start a table cuz I knew he wasnt much to fear (he won that battle :P) he asked me a bunch of questions about withdrawing money tho so im sure he never had up til that point (after being on the site for awhile and logging a fair amount of hands) so im sure hes not going to be a winning player after the new rake structure if he even was before (doubt it).

also fwiw unless im misremembering u are giving 2inthehole entirely too mcuh credit, i ll confirm next time i see him online and ck player notes or see his play at the tables again. i could be wrong? there are a lot of names