View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 11:54 AM

Default Re: What\'s your Big Idea?

I just sent this letter to a friend of mine who lives in HK.
I live in Vancouver Canada

(personal stuff first...)
I am also writing you to see if you are interested in helping me with my box business.
In my current situation, I have shifted my box manufacturing business from 80/20% manufacturing/importing to 20/80%.

I have a local company that I deal with that imports from China and handles everything from taking my order to delivering my orders to my door.

Recently the Canadian dollar has hit a 35 year high (this month) of 0.95 USD to one Canadian dollar and since the Chinese Yuan and USD are tied together I should be getting a price break in my box orders as compared to last year (of 10-15%; or half of that if we split the increase)
I have asked for a break, but they said no.
So now I am looking for another supplier or three to keep this one honest.
I need a contact in HK/China to source box manufacturers and an exporting contact.
The sourcing contact in HK/China does Not need any box experience, but would need to be able to translate my request for quotations into Chinese and then forward them on to several Chinese manufacturers; then take the replies and send them back to me for my review.
The export contact would need some experience in organizing a pickup from a manufacturer/packing a container/ and dealing with export documents. Both contacts would need to speak fluent english. At first I would not be importing full containers, so I would have to deal with partial containers, but business is increasing and I can see a time in the near future where I will be ordering full containers myself.

If you are interested or know anyone who would be a good candidate please forward my e-mail address to them

wfong@direct.ca

and ask them to put BOX CONTACT in the title.

Thanks in advance.
W

There is lots of potential here for making money.