View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 04:07 AM

Default Re: Should we abide by unjust laws?

[ QUOTE ]
"Damage" is really shallow and insufficient but at least a starting place for some kind of standard of good and bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

So could you please define right and wrong for me? I mean, what is a 'good' action and what is a 'bad' action. You might think I'm being facetious, but I would honestly like to hear your answer here.

[ QUOTE ]

No, I won't do the highschool debate with you and meet each stupid challenge like listing 10 actions which are just (it is not hard, either, and I think it's funny you need it listed for you - lol)

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's a 'high school challenge'. I'm not talking about 10 specific scenarios, I mean 10 actions in general. I'm sure you would say murder, rape, and child molestation, but I really doubt that you could come up with too many more. There just aren't that many actions that are inherently 'evil'.

[ QUOTE ]
nor am I going to do the whole idiot routine with the other fellow because duh, of course I know people disagree on moral law and don't think I'm the most enlightened person ever. Really not the words of someone seeking knowledge but rather trying to win their viewpoint for their own gratification.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we were just trying to point out that the absolute 'moral law' you refer to isn't absolute or agreed upon. We're trying to show you that there is actually no way of choosing which moral law to follow rationally. It's comes down to a faith based choice.