View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 02:46 AM

Default Re: Newhizzle v Neverwin - dramabomb blog post

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Two comments:
Are we sure hizzle is being totally honest? I am pretty sure he is being truthful, but this kid went to college and is a successful poker player so how come he keeps acting like a total moron and giving basically strangers so much cash? He may have naive early on, but he claims to continue to give this kid money even after he was owed SIX figures! What blows my mind is that if you read his post he was [censored] bowling with this kid and making 10k prop bets while he was still owed money, wtf was that about.

Second, lets assume that this kid has been [censored] over newhizzle and hizzle just trusted him. In all seriousness, he is in vegas why does he not sell out his debt to some guys down there. Hes owed like 70k, so he farms out the debt collection for like 9k. Im sure there are some tough
"debt collectors" he has run into. Although, knowing hizzle the debt collectors would probably keep all the money and all newhizzle would do is make a meaningless post on the net. Reading this makes me so [censored] mad and its not even my cash. [censored] grow a pair, kick his door down and [censored] take whats yours man.

I remember reading a post where someone said winning that wpt event was actually going to hurt hizzle and ironically i think it has. Hes low on cash and after living this lifestyle he will never go back to the "real" world and get a job so it might be a sick cycle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who would write a story like that about themselves and have it not be true?

If you get hooked on action and care more about being in a certain croud or having a balla image than you do about sticking to +EV situations u be goin down.

It's actually pretty interesting to see how the new breed of young internent players are occasionally crashing and burning fast along with making it up to high stakes fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the mind quite a number of these young men obviously pay to personal ethics and character as evidenced in no less than about twenty different threads this weekend having to do with angle shots, welshed loans, profligacy, substance abuse--this one isn't always a barometer of suspect character, but it often is--and a whole assortment of whatever other degeneracy tickles their fancy at any particular moment, in how many of their cases do you think outright cheating and fraud was instrumental to their early phenomenal success building huge rolls online?

Personally I think the number is much higher than any of us who want online poker to be on the up and up want to believe.