View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 01:02 AM

Default blinded out of a home tourney?

I was recently running late to attend a home tourney. It was supposed to start roughly around 7ish, but there was actually no "set" time that the tournament was going to start. A couple of my buddies were calling telling me to hurry up and get there or else they were just gonna blind me out until i got there. Keep in mind they were still waiting on another person to still show up. I told them that I was still a ways away, and hoping they would wait. Both my buddies were telling me were to hurry up. There was nothing I could do, and I didnt think it was right to rake someones blinds in a tournament that had no set time. I was also hoping that my buddies would tell the tournament host that he shouldnt blind someone out for being a little late, when others probably werent on time either. However, they said nothing, only thing they said to me was sorry, not my tourney. No help at all. Even though I would have only missed a few rounds, I still didnt feel it was right or fair to me so I thought it would be in my best interest to not attend. Basically the question Im asking is this: Is it right to rake someones blinds knowing that there was no official start date to the tourney?"

Any help would be greatly appreciated on this matter