View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 06:49 PM

Default Re: ** WSOP ME, $10,000 NLHE, Day 1B , Saturday, July 7 **

Quote (from PokerNews):
de Wolfe Makes a Big Laydown Before the Break
"On a board showing 5 2 4 K, with approximately 20,000 already in the pot, Roland de Wolfe's opponent in the small blind made it 5,000 to go; de Wolfe called instantly. Going into the river, de Wolfe had about 35,000 behind, while his opponent sat with just 6,300.

The last card off the deck was the J and the small blind immediately moved all in for his last 6,300.

At this point, Roland paused and asked his opponent, "What do you think I have?" His opponent stayed quiet and shortly after, Roland folded pocket fives face-up on the table, revealing that he'd made top set on the flop.

After the hand was over, Roland politely interrogated his opponent for any information he could get as to whether or not he'd made the correct laydown, but his opponent wouldn't budge.

"The whole hand didn't really seem right," Roland told me after the hand. "6,000 was a lot of my stack and I was looking for a better spot."

Note: Roland busted the same opponent not even a half an hour after this hand took place, getting the better end of a coinflip situation."

Surely this is misreported...who folds a set on that board getting 6 to 1? - Toybox

Surely this was not misreported. I'm the one who wrote the post on PokerNews, and I spoke to Roland almost immediately after the hand because all who witnessed it were shocked.

He said that he thought his opponent might have A-3 or 3-6, and also considered the possibility that he had the best hand, but didn't feel right about the whole thing, so he folded.